Monday, October 4, 2010

Almost Busted..

 
            I should be nominated for “Mother of the  Year” after this one!  Last night Jake loses yet another tooth.  Oh yeah,, tooth number 5.  Anywho, he is in bed and I am doing dishes, cleaning, writing, the usual, and around 11:30 Jake wakes up having nightmares.  Being the good mommy that I am, I go and crawl into bed with him to help him fall back asleep.  Well big problem….I fell asleep.                  
            Which normally this would be cool, but, not when you are the tooth fairy!
            Jake wakes up with excitement in his eyes. With absolutely no hesitation he jumps up and says, “I wonder what the tooth fairy brought me.”
            This is the point where I’m like “OH SHIT!”..(not really, but I was defiantly thinkin’ it!)  Now I must come up with some elaborate story for why the tooth fairy did not come last night.  Jake lifts his pillow to pull out the tooth still under the pillow, his face filled with disappointment

Jake- Mommy, my tooth is still here?

(Oh No,, think fast, think fast!)

Me-Huh, I cant believe the tooth fairy didn’t come, it must have been all that rain

(first thing that popped in my head?)

Jake-Huh?

Me-Yeah, she probably didn’t want to get her wings all wet.

Jake-No sir Mom! I know the real reason why

(Oh crap, hes on to me, my tooth fairy gig is up!)

Me- whats that ?

Jake- Its because you were in bed with me.  The tooth fairy isn’t gonna come if your there, she knows you’ll wake up and see her.  I don’t want to be mean mommy, but can you sleep in your bed tonight.

(whew…saved!)

Me-Sure Jake J


1 comment: